When: Next academic year 2023/24
A computer studies teacher is required to teach ICT and CS for grades 5-8 (a total of 11 classes in 11 weekly hours)
At Al-Hoda International School we value greatly the role of technology whether in preparing our students for the future, or as a tool in itself to deliver and enrich the learning experience. That is why we are always on the lookout for the best ICT/CS teachers that can cope with our increasing demands for technology uses.
We have a dynamic curriculum that is always being updated to reflect the quick advances in technology.
The school is equipped with computer labs as well as a 1-1 device tablet lab for blended learning classes. We also have a 3D printer which is used exclusively for computer classes. We use a full fledged Learning Management System for educational and communication purposes with the children and parents, as well as progress tracking.
What we offer
- Opportunity to work within a team of highly supportive and collaborative colleagues.
- The opportunity to learn and grow professionally through professional development workshops and events
- Coaching and support in using educational technology and blended learning tools
- Social and medical insurance
- Create the yearly curriculum map according to the scheme of work and requirements, defined by the department head.
- Planning the lessons and preparing/designing materials/activities to ensure that students are engaged, and the lesson objectives are met and consistently delivered to the children.
- Assessing students, and keeping records of their results.
- Helping during school events with all multimedia aspects such as graphics design and video editing.
- Providing support and coaching other subject teachers in technology and LMS related tasks.
- Attending, department and grade-level meetings.
- Responsible for all the media production, and management during grade-level school parties.
- Fluency in English is a must
- 2 years or more of teaching experience
- Able to quickly learn new applications and deliver the required lesson plans and materials
- Able to apply different teaching techniques to cater for different learning styles
- Learner based instruction
- Flexible and understanding of different children’s needs
- Able to handle classes of up to 27 students
- Creative with a passion for the subject
- Graduate of Engineering is a plus
Proficiency in at least 5 of the following items is a must:
- Graphics design (Adobe Photoshop)
- Movie Editing (Windows Movie Maker)
- Cloud computing (Google Apps)
- Spreadsheet software (MS Excel)
- Database software (MS Access)
- Programming in Scratch
- Programming in Python
- 3D modelling (Google Sketchup) and 3D printing
- HTML & CSS