When: Next academic year 2024/25
At Al-Hoda we want everyone to achieve their personal best, be happy, highly motivated lifelong learners, able to express their feelings and ideas. We want them to be confident and independent learners and thinkers, able to work independently and with
others and able to use technology effectively. We want them to adopt safe and healthy lifestyles, to value and respect themselves, others and the world in which they live and to make a positive contribution to society.
The successful candidate will be able to deliver lessons that inspire students to succeed in order to achieve the best possible outcomes. The candidate should also possess the energy and enthusiasm to deliver lessons that engage and motivate our learners.
What we offer
- Opportunity to work within a team of highly supportive and collaborative colleagues.
- The opportunity to learn and grow professionally through professional development workshops and events
- Coaching and support in using educational technology and blended learning tools
- Social and medical insurance
- Excellent command of English both spoken and written
- 3 or more years of teaching experience for the same age group
- A working knowledge of the KS3 curriculum
- Able to employ a variety of educational techniques in teaching, and knowledge of best practices
- Enthusiastic with a passion for teaching
- Eager to learn and develop professionally
- Ability to maintain discipline in the classroom whilst maintaining a vibrant and positive classroom atmosphere
- The ability to inspire and enthuse young children
- The ability to adapt to changing circumstances and needs.
- The ability to reflect constructively on practice and to manage needs.
- A desire for high expectations and standards for self and others.
- A commitment to be involved in the whole life of the school
- Commitment and a hard-working ethos
- An ability to use ICT confidently to enhance children’s learning and embed cross curricular learning
- Creating the curriculum map, monthly and weekly plans in according to the scheme of work and school calendar
- Creating and documenting lesson plans and preparing the necessary materials and activities
- Preparing classroom and coursework materials, homework assignments and handouts
- Recording and maintaining accurate student attendance records and grades
- Participating in preparing and organising different trips, events and celebrations.
- Evaluating student performance
- Mentoring the co-teacher and helping develop her/his teaching skills including lesson planning, implementation and classroom management
- Attending scheduled meetings with the principal and staff members
- Attending morning and break assemblies and ensure line organisation and discipline.
- Invigilating tests and exams.
- Marking and correction for homework and classwork assignments and for tests and exams
- Attending scheduled parents/teachers meetings and individual meetings with parents upon request.